Need to Know
Adopting a horse can be one of the most rewarding experiences one can encounter. An adopted horse seems to take a special hold on his or her new adotive parent’s hearts and you can see their appreciation for the new life you have given them. It is a priceless feeling.
Before adopting a horse, there are things that you should know, and if it turns out that adopting may not be for you right now, that’s OK too! You can always participate in our sponsorship program, volunteer or just visit our horses.
Equestrian Inc.’s adoption fees are much lower than the market value of the horse because rather than charging high fees – finding the best home for the horse is of utmost importance to us. Therefore, adopting a horse from Equestrian Inc. does come with certain limitations and requirements. We do this to ensure a successful adoption for both horse and family, creating a great new life for our adopted horses. It is important that you read and understand our adoption agreement in full, as the agreement does remain in affect for the rest of the horse’s life.
We put much time and resources into the rehabilitation and rehoming of our horses – and we value the donor dollars that fund our rescue – we do all we can to ensure healthy, safe, permanent homes for our horses.
- Be prepared to invest both time and money into your horse. Horses are extremely rewarding, but expensive.
- All adopters must be 21 or older and able financially and physically able to provide proper care for the adopted horse.
- We cannot place “holds” on horses. The first qualified and prepared applicant will be approved.
- We are looking for permanent homes, thus we DO allow our horses to be “fostered” by potential adopters for a “trial” period.
- We ask that horses go to a home with regular pasture/paddock turnout, safe fencing (absolutely no barbed wire anywhere on the property) and a hazard-free man-made shelter (trees alone are not shelter.) Our horses will not be permitted to go to homes nor boarding facilities with any debris or unsafe items in barn or pasture, nor those lacking proper shelter.
- Horses adopted from Equestrian Inc. may NEVER be raced, bred or sold to auction or slaughter. Any such violations of this policy constitute an immediate breech of our adoption contract, and Equestrian Inc. will immediately take action seeking any and all remedies per our adoption contract, and/or the law to remedy this situation.
If any of the terms of our adoption agreement are broken, Equestrian Inc. retains the right to repossess the adopted horse without notice, so please be sure that you read and fully understand the agreement in full. We want you to have a long, happy, successful life with your Equestrian Inc. horse, but we do understand that sometimes circumstances change. If for any reason you are unable to care for your adopted horse, he or she does always have a home with us!