Thank you for your interest in providing a loving home to a horse in need. We strive to make the adoption process as simple and as positive of an experience as possible. Please begin with the following steps:
1) Review our available horses and call to schedule a meeting. If you do not see a horse that you feel currently suits you, please still complete the application process as new horses do arrive regularly, so please be patient. You’ll be a “hoof” ahead with your pre-approved application for when the right horse does arrive.
*Please note – Some of the horses that are listed as “sanctuary” may still be considered for adoption in certain circumstances. These horses are listed as sanctuary residents because of past injuries or health conditions that have made them unsuitable for riding, and/or in need of special/medical care for the remainder of their lives. Sometimes these horses can still make great companions and can live a happy life outside of Equestrian Inc. We would require homes with a greater level of horse expertise in these cases, but if you see one that interests you please call us to discuss further.
2) Download and complete our adoption application. A $10 non-refundable application fee is required, which can be paid via check or PayPal:
Please be sure to fill out the application form completely as we cannot process incomplete forms. Then e-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Equestrian Inc. Horse Rescue
4902 Timberlan St.
Tampa, FL 33624
One we receive your form, our Board of Directors will review it and notify you if you are conditionally approved. Final approval does not occur until the remaning steps have been completed:
3) Once you have chosen the horse you like, we will meet with you to discuss your plans, financials and relationship with your future adopted horse to ensure that you are a good fit for each other.
4) A site visit will be performed before final approval. If the site is not owned by the adopter, a facility agreement must be completed by the owner of the boarding facility. We require that you have stabling where other horses live or that you have a companion animal for the horse you are adopting.
5) Once all of the above has been approved, you will pay your adoption fee and sign our legally binding adoption agreement. Please note: we do not permit the removal of the horse from our facility until the adoption agreement has been signed and the adoption fee paid.
Adoption fees start at $500 and depending on the horse’s age and physical ability the fee is increased.
Pre-adoption vetting is available and encouraged at the adopter’s expense. You may use one of our vets or your own. We will discuss vetting with you during the application process, but it is the adopter’s responsibility to have that done.
6) Once all of the above is completed, the adoption will go into “finalized” status and the Board of Directors will execute the adoption agreement. At this stage, the horse is free to be transported to his or her new home. Cost and arrangement of transportation are the responsibility of the adopter.
If you are unable to take your new horse directly to his or her new home immediately upon the execution of the adoption agreement, we allow temporary boarding at Equestrian Inc. for a prorated adoption stipend based on our monthly costs.
We hope that each placement is a permanent one, however in the event that you are unable to provide a home for your horse, we expect a safe return to Equestrian Inc. Transportation will also be the responsibility of the returning party.It is required that all horses arrive with a current negative Coggins test.
Please email us at any time with any questions you may have at email@example.com. We are here to help!